Technology is not enough. You need to use it well.
That’s the theme of my latest interview, where I got together to discuss technology and productivity with Francesca Geens, of Digital Dragonfly, who specialises in helping solo-business owners get their tech right.
In this 38 minute interview, Francesca, shares her insights on:
- How your biggest productivity gains could lie in getting the basics right
- The one question you need to start with to create your personal cocktail of ‘tech’
- The most important thing to have under control to avoid digital distraction (no surprise that I’m in complete agreement here!)
We also discuss:
- What happens to our brains when we switch off from technology
- The difference between a busy culture and a productive one
- And… are we going to see the death of email?
Prefer to listen to this as an audio track instead? Here’s the mp3.
Francesca’s e-course: From Tech Overwhelm to Productivity
My next Inbox to Zero online challenge
Blog post: Why decluttering is not about tidiness
Over to you
On digital clutter: Francesca talks about getting to the work in a straight line. How straight is your line? What hurdles, temptations and distractions do you have to navigate past?
On reclaiming your relationship with technology: how clear are you on what you want your tech to do for you?
I’d love to read your thoughts and insights in the comments below.