How are you feeling about the year ahead? Are you ready and raring to go, with some big, hairy, scare-the-pants-off-you goals? Or are you still getting your bearings and wondering what day it is?
If it’s the latter, don’t worry about playing catch up. Just start now.
In truth, every time we stand at the threshold of something new – a new year, a new term, a new season – it gives us the opportunity to pause and reflect, to make a decision, reset our direction, reconfirm commitments and declare what matters to us.
Here are some of my favourite questions to set the tone.
Take your pick – let your eye settle on one or two questions that jump out at you, and take them away with you to ponder on.
1. What do you want to create this year?
2. What do you want to explore?
3. What do you want to make space for?
4. How do you want to grow?
5. What are you most looking forward to?
6. What are you least looking forward to?
7. What do you want to work on?
8. What do you want more of?
9. What do you want less of?
10. What seeds do you want to sow?
11. What fruit do you want to enjoy?
12. How do you want to show up this year?
Of course, every day is a threshold, an opportunity to start anew, so feel free to revisit these questions during the year – and let me know how you get on.
Do you have a favourite question you ask yourself at the beginning of the year? Speak your mind and share your thoughts in the comments below.